School Crossing Patrol – Harden
Band /Grade: 2/6 £8.50 per hour pro rata
Hours: 10 hours per week. 38 weeks, Term Time Only. Actual wage is approximately £3,500 per annum.
There is a vacancy available at this school within the Bradford Metropolitan District Council area.
School Crossing Patrols provide a safe crossing point for parents, children and members of the public by exercising competent judgement to stop road traffic within safe distances and give authority to cross the road. Patrols work within set working procedures taking personal responsibility for their own safety and that of others, reporting incidents and concerns about the operation of the site. They must: –
- Have an understanding and appreciation of basic road safety and have good sight and hearing with or without the aid of spectacles or hearing aid.
- Be able to stand and walk for entire working period including getting on and off the road briskly and carrying the required equipment.
- Be able to work outside, unsupervised and in all weathers and to use their own initiative.
- Build and maintain effective customer relations.
- Complete administrative work with accuracy and attention to detail if and when required.
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Application forms can be obtained by contacting Sue Heaton on 01274 439458